Friday, September 16, 2011

HOW I KEEP MY ( PERSONAL) MAKEUP BRUSHES CLEAN

I love my brushes and I really take good care of them. I spot clean them everyday after I use them and I also wash  and condition them couple times a month. I wash my eyeliner brushes every week! Just because your eyes are sensitive and you do not want germs to irritate your eyes especially when you are tight-lining your eyes. You should always spot clean your eyeliner brush that you are using before and after application, to me that's very important.

THESE ARE THE PRODUCTS I USE :

* Neutrogena eye makeup remover lotion
* Johnson's natural kids 3 in 1 shampoo, conditioner and body wash
* Alcohol 
* Almay eye make up remover 
* Philosophy milk purity face cleanser 
* MAC  face cleansing oil ( in a different container because I don't like the container it comes in and it is so much easier with the spray pump so I can spot clean my brushes) 
* Paper towel or a cotton cloth / towel 
* Cotton face pads
* small plastic / glass container 


FACE BRUSHES 
I use Philosophy Milk Purity to clean my face brushes just because I want to use the same line of cleanser on my brushes that I use to clean my face. I use the foaming Philosophy Purity on my face and I absolutely love it ! I Pour a little bit of Philosophy Milk Purity into a glass round container and add some water and put my face brushes in and let them sit there for 5 minutes and after dump the water out and add more Philosophy Milk Purity and this time go back and forth with the brushes inside the container and wash it off well with warm water and dry it off with a cotton towel or paper towel and then spray some Alcohol on piece of paper towel and lightly brush the tops of the brushes on that paper towel so that way it kills whatever bacteria is left on that brush. Alcohol is so strong that it doesn't work well with makeup brushes especially natural hair makeup brushes so like I said you want to lightly brush the tops of the makeup brushes. If you have all Synthetic makeup brushes then GREAT because they are so easy to take care of and Alcohol doesn't damage them as much. 

                                                         EYES/ EYELINER BRUSHES
I use the MAC Face Cleansing Oil to spot clean my eye / eyeliner brushes before and after I use them  but I also wash my eye / eyeliner brushes with the MAC Face Cleansing Oil , I pour a little bit into a round glass container filled with water and go back and forth with the brushes inside until all the eye makeup residue is gone and then wash them off with warm water and pour a little bit of Almay eye makeup remover or Neutrogena eye makeup remover lotion onto a paper towel or cotton pad and go back and forth with the the brushes and make sure all the eye makeup is off of the brushes and then wash them off well with Johnson's natural kids 3 in 1, This always leaves my eye / eyeliner brushes so clean and fresh! 

                   I let my brushes dry half way on top of paper towels ( so its easy just to throw the paper towels away afterwards ) and then I transfer them into a Utensil holder that has holes on the bottom so that way the water can evaporate from the brushes ( make sure you turn the brushes up side down ) and you want to also place a piece of paper towel under the Utensil holder just incase there is excess water. I also use this Utensil holder as my makeup brush holder as well because you can also turn it around and around and it so easy to use. 




SO CLEAN THAT IT LOOKS NEW.



                            YES,  I USE A UTENSIL HOLDER FOR MY MAKEUP BRUSHES!



HOLES ON THE BOTTOM MAKES IT EASY FOR THE BRUSHES TO DRY QUICK.



TURN THE BRUSHES UP SIDE DOWN WHEN DRYING AND PLACE A PAPER TOWEL UNDER THE UTENSIL HOLDER.



I LOVE MY BRUSHES ! 












No comments:

Post a Comment